The good people over at CultureCritic recently invited me to contribute a piece to their fabulous blog. The result is a guest guide to ‘wintry’ crime and the role of chilly settings in five of my favourite novels.
- Jan Costin Wagner, The Winter of the Lions (German author; Finnish setting; 2011)
- Leif G. W. Persson, Between Summer’s Longing and Winter’s End (Swedish author; Swedish setting; 2010)
- A.D. Miller, Snowdrops (British author / Russian setting / 2011)
- Julia Keller, A Killing in the Hills (US author / Appalachian mountain setting / 2012)
- MJ McGrath, White Heat (UK author; Arctic Circle setting; 2011)
Many thanks to CultureCritic for the invitation; it was fun to do!
If you’re not yet familiar with the CultureCritic blog, do pop over: you’ll find all the latest on film, music, books, exhibitions, theatre, opera, dance and more…. It’s a regular smörgåsbord of cultural delights.