- 253,666 hits
- The Petrona Award shortlist for 2014
- The German Fernsehkrimi … and a lovely milestone
- Please do not adjust your sets
- Apocalyptic crime fiction from America and Finland
- #45 / Eduardo Sacheri, The Secret in Their Eyes
- Reminder: The Bridge 2 and Hinterland air this Saturday 4 January
- Out with the old, in with the new. Happy 2014!
- Merry Christmas! Frohe Weihnachten!
- The ultimate Christmas gift: an international crime novel!
- BBC4 announces new international crime acquisitions
- Book reviews
- By country
- Reading challenges
- The Killing
- The Theakston Files
- Wild card!
- My Tweets
Mrs P. is currently reading
- academic research A Delicate Truth American crime fiction Argentinian crime Australian crime BAFTAs Camilla Lackberg Camilleri Canadian crime Costin Wagner CrimeFest crime fiction crime review crime TV Danish crime Davidsen dissolution Durrenmatt eco Eduardo Sacheri EuroCrime Finnish crime Forbrydelsen Foreign Bodies Fred Vargas French crime GDR German crime Gillian Flynn historical crime Icelandic crime Imanishi Investigates Indridason international crime fiction Italian crime Jakob Arjouni Jan Costin Wagner Japanese crime Jason Webster John le Carre Jo Nesbo Jussi Adler-Olsen Karin Alvtegen Kayankaya Mankell Martin Beck Matsumoto Michael Dibden Michael Dibdin Nazi legacy Nesbo neville Nordic crime Patricio Pron Persson Petrona Plan D sansom Sarah Lund Scandinavian crime Sebastian Bergman Simon Urban Sjowall and Wahloo Spiral Swedish crime Theakstons Crime Writing Festival The Bridge The Killing The Killing 3 the name of the rose The Woman from Bratislava Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Top 20 Wallander Zen
Tag Archives: crime TV
Many thanks to Lynda for drawing my attention to the following: Michael Pickard at C21Media.net reports that Swedish production company Yellow Bird is busy with both the third series of the Swedish Wallander, starring Krister Henriksson, and the third series of the British Wallander, … Continue reading
For those of you who have yet to see Forbrydelsen, the original Danish production of The Killing, your moment has come! BBC4 starts repeating the series this Sunday at 10 o’clock. There are five two-hour episodes being shown per week (20 episodes in all), which promises to … Continue reading
For some reason, I’m particularly missing the wondrousness that is The Killing at the moment. BBC4 has thoughtfully supplied a glimpse of autumn’s Series 2 to allieviate my withdrawal symptoms. I never thought I’d be so happy to hear Danish! ‘It’s good to see you again…’ Note: … Continue reading
A quick post in celebration of The Killing’s BAFTA win last night. This low-budget Danish crime drama beat off stiff competition from Mad Men, Glee and Boardwalk Empire to take the International Prize for 2011. There couldn’t have been a more deserving … Continue reading
BBC4 has started repeating the second series of Swedish TV’s Wallander (2009-10) on successive Saturdays at 9pm. I managed to catch up with the first episode today, having had a prior engagement with Wales’ finest, The Manic Street Preachers, in Cardiff last night (splendid as ever). This series … Continue reading
In an earlier post I gave my reaction to the first two episodes of the French police procedural series Spiral (Engrenage). It was a bit mixed: while I enjoyed the charactisation of Laure Berthaud and the urban noir feel, I was somewhat … Continue reading
Tonight I caught the first two episodes of the French police procedural series Spiral (Engrenage in the original; literal translation ’gears’). My primary reason for watching Spiral was to fill the two-hour viewing gap left by The Killing, but I was also … Continue reading
Mrs Peabody’s review of the first two episodes is available here. So BBC4′s The Killing has finished. Twenty hours of superb crime drama, which had 500,000 of us gripped for two hours every single week, aired its last two episodes last … Continue reading
I’ve just seen a post on the It’s a Crime (or a Mystery) blog reporting that the BBC has decided not to recommission the Aurelio Zen TV series. This really does seem to be a short-sighted move given its evident popularity. It seemed to grow on people over time as … Continue reading
Excellent news for fans of The Killing: it’s been confirmed today that BBC4 has bought the rights to the second series (10 episodes) and that it will air later this year. ‘The Killing is the most intensely thrilling televison drama … Continue reading